We recognise the impact our buildings and operations have on the environment and believe that we are responsible for minimising our consumption of natural resources.
In order to demonstrate our commitment to improving the environmental performance of our assets, we have set the following objectives:
- Assess all potential investments according to Mayfair Capital’s internal pre-acquisition sustainability checklist in order to identify the level of risk within each environmental consideration;
- Undertake a formal environmental risk assessment on potential investments (including flood risk, ground contamination, asbestos, pollution etc.); and
- Establish the potential to improve the existing environmental performance of the potential investment or reduce any existing risk.
Development / Refurbishment
- Review the sustainability credentials of potential contractors and determine whether they are in line with Mayfair Capital’s principles;
- Seek to achieve best practice on energy efficiency standards and comply in particular with Minimum Energy Performance Standards regulations in line with the Energy Act 2011 and all Building Regulations;
- Prohibit the use of materials that have potentially hazardous effects and use sustainable materials as far as possible; and
- Minimise the risks of pollution or contamination arising from refurbishment activities.
- In those buildings where we hold all or some level of control:
- Reduce energy consumption and establish the potential for renewable energy generation;
- Limit the amount of waste being sent to landfill and increase the proportion of waste being recycled;
- Reduce water consumption and identify opportunities to install water efficient practices; and
- Encourage green travel plans and where possible, install cycle storage.
- Collect and manage environmental data points on an ongoing basis to monitor progress and improvement; and
- Collaborate with tenants to encourage data and knowledge sharing.